Sunday, October 26, 2014

The world is in our hands

Hi everyone! Today I’m going talking to you about environmental problems, some environmentally friendly actions, and what I do to improve this problem.

Well, first I’m going to mention some of most important environmental problems: Contamination of drinking water, soil contamination, air pollution, wildlife conservation, carbon footprint and climate change. All of them, could bring to us very serious problems related with our life, and even, with world life.

Neverthless, there are many organisations to invite people like us to take conscience about it, like Greenpeace, Go Lite, New Belgium Brewing, Patagonia, West Paw Desing, Waste Zero, and many others. The main idea, is show us take care of the world is not difficult. I think people don’t have necessary incentive to do eco friendly actions, and in many cases is easier than we think.

Now, I give you a list of some easy eco friendly actions:
-       - Turn off lights when not in use
-        -Take shorter showers
-        -Open blinds to let in natural light
-        -Freeze foods before it goes bad
-        -Turn off water when brushing teeth
-        -Recycle bottles, cans, newspapers, etc.
-        -Use reusable containers at home.

As you see, is not really difficult! You only need motivation J For example, in my grandfather’s home we separated our trash, in organic and not. In my home, we separeted galss bottles and carton box, and we put them in special containers to recycle. I try to use my bycicle as long as I can, because I like sports and I help to reduce contamination :D You can do it too! Save the world is in our hands!

2 comments:

  1. Catalina, I think that this lists is very funny and can help to care our planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catiusca you are a very good person and i want to be like you :)

    ReplyDelete